The number of Covid positive people in İndia is constantly increasing. Many famous İndian personalities and celebrities have also been tested positive for this deadly disease. The significant impact of these rising CoVid cases on the economy can be seen easily. Many large nations have issued notice to their citizens not to travel to İndia due to the deadly Second wave. Many international events and meetings have also been impacted due to COVİD. Along the same lines, the G7 summit scheduled to be held in Cornwall has featured headlines. Let’s see the issue and how S. Jaishankar, the foreign affairs Minister of İndia, is concerned with the matter.
News about 2 People found positive at G7 meet.
- G7 is a group of seven countries, including the USA, UK, France, Germany, Japan, İtaly, and Canada.
- The G7 foreign affairs and Development Ministers’ meeting was held in London.
- The first formal gathering of the summit was held on Tuesday evening with proper COVID guidelines.
- İndian Foreign Affairs Minister, S. Jaishankar, was also invited to the meeting. He went to London on a four-day visit to meet UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab at Chevening in Kent on Thursday.
- As a part of COVİD precautions, Mr. S. Jaishankar and the accompanying delegations were tested for Covid-19.
- Out of these delegations, two had tested positive for Covid-19.
- When Mr. Jaishankar came to know of this, he tweeted that since he had been in the company of two Covid positive people, he would attend to the meeting virtually as a safety precaution.
- This news comes as a piece of depressing news because this G7 Meeting was claimed as the first in-person summit since the pandemic broke.
- The whole staff took all the necessary precautions for COVİD safety. The delegates were tested through an on-site testing facility with a testing capacity of up to 50 delegates per hour.
- Strict social distancing rules for the whole summit and delegates were outlined. Even only a selected number of delegates were invited to prevent overcrowding and chances of COVID infection.
- Though Mr. Jaishankar had to attend to the meet online, he talked with Antony Blinken, US state secretary, regarding the global pandemic challenge, vaccine production, and supply chains.
The news highlights the precarious situation of COVID in the country. High delegates who remain under so much security and safety have been tested positive. Therefore we must take adequate measures to prevent ourselves from infection. Take vaccine doses if you are eligible, wear masks daily, wash your hands regularly, and follow other COVID safety guidelines.
1st Cases In Andhra, Chandigarh; India’s Omicron Count Now 38: 10 Points
Omicron cases are increasing and there are cases of Covid-19 variant in Delhi, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Gujarat.
There are fresh Omicron patients risen to 38 as 1 each in Chandigarh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala.
Top news related to Omicron
There was the first case in Nagpur, Maharashtra. A 40-year-old man came back from South Africa via Delhi. He was tested positive at the airport on December 6.There was the 18th case of omicron on December 11 and 12.In Kerala’s Ernakulam, a patient returned from the UK via Abu Dhabi and tested positive for Omicron. Till then, he was home quarantined and his family members and other passengers were home quarantined. A 20-year-old who came from Italy tested positive. A man who returned from Ireland to Andhra Pradesh was tested positive for Omicron. Maharashtra has the maximum number of cases.The ICMR unit in Assam has developed a new testing kit to detect Omicron in two hours.The WHO warned the nations of the Asia Pacific region to boost healthcare capacity and full vaccinate their people.
The Omicron strain is considered to be highly transmissible and it has spread to almost 59 nations.
India’s Harnaaz Sandhu crowned Miss Universe 2021
Harnaaz Sandhu, a 21 year old from India, represented India at the 70th Miss Universe 2021 which was held at Eilat, Israel.
In 2000, Lara Dutta won the title of Miss Universe.
She was presented the crown by Andrea Meza, the former Miss Universe of 2020 from Mexico which was live-streamed all across the world.
The first runner up was from Paraguay and second runner up was from South Africa.
About the Miss Universe event
In the top three rounds, the contestants were asked what advice would you give to young women watching on how to deal with the pressures they face today?
Harnaaz Sandhu answered this question amazingly. She said the biggest pressure the youth of today is facing, is to believe in themselves. To know that you are unique makes you beautiful. Stop comparing yourselves with others and let’s talk about more important things that are happening worldwide. Come out and speak for yourself, because you’re the leader of your life. You are the voice of your own. I believed in myself and that is why I am standing here today.
Her powerful answer made the beauty top 3 of calling for less talk and more action.
Farmer union to meet the government to decide on further movement
The proposal from the government which addresses the pending issues has been accepted by farmer unions and the farmer union will be meeting the government on Thursday (9th December 2021) at noon.
Farmer union to meet the government and decide further movement
The farmer union, SKM (Samyukta Kisan Morcha) accepted the government proposal which addresses the pending issues of farmers.
It was on Tuesday (7th December 2021) when the central government sent the draft to the farmer union which is a five-member committee. Sources have indicated that once the final draft of the proposal agreed by both the parties is received by the union, the farmers’ protest which started on 26 November 2020 will end.
The issues listed in the draft were Surety on Minimum Support Price, withdrawal of the draft Electricity Amendments Bill, 2020/2021, withdrawal of criminal cases against the farmers, and also compensation for the families of farmers who died during the protest.
The SKM said that they will be meeting the government at Singhu Border on Thursday at noon to come up with a formal decision and later end the protest.