The winter session of parliament which is of 25 days begins on 29th November 2021. During this session, 36 bills will be discussed and the bills are also expected to be passed. This includes the bill, which is for the cancellation of the farm law.
Parliament session 10 points cheat sheet
- Just after the parliament assembled for the session, the Lok Sabha was adjourned by slogans on-farm laws. Whereas, in Rajya Sabha, the session was adjourned to pay tribute to Oscar Fernandes, the senior leader of congress.
- Narendra Modi, PM, addressed and said all the voices that are raising against the Government and its policies will be given answers.
- The Government is likely to have 37 bills – 36 legislative bills and 1 finance bill in the 19 sittings of the winter session. For the introduction and passage in Lok Sabha, the Farm Law Repeal Bill has been listed. Narendra Singh Tomar, the Union Agriculture Minister will introduce it.
- Bills related to cryptocurrency and Regulation of Official Digital Currency Bill, The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Bill, 2021 (Second Amendment), and Electricity Bill, 2021 will also be passed.
- PM Narendra Modi also skipped the all-party meeting on 28th November, 2021. Pralhad Joshi, Parliamentary Affairs Minister, said that it was not breaking tradition as there was no such tradition of a PM attending the all-party Minister.
- Congress leader of Rajya Sabha, Mallikarjun Kharge, said that they expected the PM’s arrival as they wanted to ask about farm laws as these laws may come in any other form.
- 31 parties came to attend the meeting on Sunday, 28th November 2021. The Aam Aadmi Party left the meeting in between. The representative of AAP, Sanjay Singh explained this by saying he was not given the chance to speak.
- Lok Sabha MP from Meghalaya, Agatha Sangma, National People Party, asked to repeal the Citizenship Amendment Act in the coming sessions.
- The Trinamool Congress on Sunday (28th November 2021) also assured that the party will remain a part of the united opposition, dismissing the issues of rift before the winter session.
- Derek O’Brien, the senior party leader, said that RJD, DMK, CPM all are electoral allies of congress and are different. Also, NCP-Shiv Sena and JMM run along with Congress. Further adding, they are not electoral allies with congress, and nor are they running a government with them.
1st Cases In Andhra, Chandigarh; India’s Omicron Count Now 38: 10 Points
Omicron cases are increasing and there are cases of Covid-19 variant in Delhi, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Gujarat.
There are fresh Omicron patients risen to 38 as 1 each in Chandigarh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala.
Top news related to Omicron
There was the first case in Nagpur, Maharashtra. A 40-year-old man came back from South Africa via Delhi. He was tested positive at the airport on December 6.There was the 18th case of omicron on December 11 and 12.In Kerala’s Ernakulam, a patient returned from the UK via Abu Dhabi and tested positive for Omicron. Till then, he was home quarantined and his family members and other passengers were home quarantined. A 20-year-old who came from Italy tested positive. A man who returned from Ireland to Andhra Pradesh was tested positive for Omicron. Maharashtra has the maximum number of cases.The ICMR unit in Assam has developed a new testing kit to detect Omicron in two hours.The WHO warned the nations of the Asia Pacific region to boost healthcare capacity and full vaccinate their people.
The Omicron strain is considered to be highly transmissible and it has spread to almost 59 nations.
India’s Harnaaz Sandhu crowned Miss Universe 2021
Harnaaz Sandhu, a 21 year old from India, represented India at the 70th Miss Universe 2021 which was held at Eilat, Israel.
In 2000, Lara Dutta won the title of Miss Universe.
She was presented the crown by Andrea Meza, the former Miss Universe of 2020 from Mexico which was live-streamed all across the world.
The first runner up was from Paraguay and second runner up was from South Africa.
About the Miss Universe event
In the top three rounds, the contestants were asked what advice would you give to young women watching on how to deal with the pressures they face today?
Harnaaz Sandhu answered this question amazingly. She said the biggest pressure the youth of today is facing, is to believe in themselves. To know that you are unique makes you beautiful. Stop comparing yourselves with others and let’s talk about more important things that are happening worldwide. Come out and speak for yourself, because you’re the leader of your life. You are the voice of your own. I believed in myself and that is why I am standing here today.
Her powerful answer made the beauty top 3 of calling for less talk and more action.
Farmer union to meet the government to decide on further movement
The proposal from the government which addresses the pending issues has been accepted by farmer unions and the farmer union will be meeting the government on Thursday (9th December 2021) at noon.
Farmer union to meet the government and decide further movement
The farmer union, SKM (Samyukta Kisan Morcha) accepted the government proposal which addresses the pending issues of farmers.
It was on Tuesday (7th December 2021) when the central government sent the draft to the farmer union which is a five-member committee. Sources have indicated that once the final draft of the proposal agreed by both the parties is received by the union, the farmers’ protest which started on 26 November 2020 will end.
The issues listed in the draft were Surety on Minimum Support Price, withdrawal of the draft Electricity Amendments Bill, 2020/2021, withdrawal of criminal cases against the farmers, and also compensation for the families of farmers who died during the protest.
The SKM said that they will be meeting the government at Singhu Border on Thursday at noon to come up with a formal decision and later end the protest.